The La Porte Educational Development Foundation will be hosting a community-wide “Kick Off” for drug prevention on October 15, 2012.
At 9:30am, all students in grades 3-8 will attend a “Stay In School, Stay Off Drugs” assembly presented by the Harlem Ambassadors. This assembly will take place at La Porte High School.
The Harlem Ambassadors vs. The La Porte Legends
La Porte High School Gym l Monday, October 15, 2012 l Games start at 6:30pm
Offering a unique brand of Harlem-style basketball featuring high-flying slam dunks, dazzling ball handling tricks, and hilarious comedy routines. The Harlem Ambassadors basketball team consists of talented male and female players that are drug free, college educated, and positive in appearance. They travel the country promoting “stay in school and stay off drugs”.
They will challenge the superintendent, principals, and teachers in a friendly game of basketball. The staff members are being sponsored by a variety of clubs and businesses in La Porte. Some school PTA’s are sponsoring staff members as well. This activity is a wonderful example of one of the many ways our community members support our students.
Advance: Students and Senior Citizens $5.00 and Adults $8.00
At The Door: Students and Senior Citizens $7.00 and Adults $10.00
Kids 4 and under admitted free
Tickets are available at all La Porte Community School Corporation schools
Introducing The La Porte Legends
- Crichfield Elementary School - Katie Talbert, Kindergarten teacher
- Hailmann Elementary School - David Farris, Kindergarten teacher
- Handley Elementary School - Erik Ledbetter, Physical Education teacher
- Indian Trail Elementary School - Abbie Anderson, Fifth-Grade teacher
- Kingsbury Elementary School - Greg Hunt, Kingsbury Principal
- Kingsford Heights - Jodi Zygmuntowski, First-Grade teacher
- Lincoln Elementary School - Ivan Harris, Alcoa/Howmet School Partner
- Riley Elementary School - Nick Mills, Fourth-Grade teacher
- Boston Middle School - Phil Long, Eighth-Grade Science teacher
- Kesling Middle School - Rick Hise, Eighth-Grade Social Studies teacher
- La Porte High School - Nick Garstka, Math teacher
- La Porte High School - Dr. Glade Montgomery, LPCSC Superintendent
- Jess DengerAl Barcus
- Ben Tonagel
- Nick Otis
- Mark Manering
- Ryan Seaburg
- Mark Kosior
- Kyle Antos
- Tom Dermody
- Ben Konowitz