The Downtown Coordinator serves as a liaison between the general public, existing or prospective business, vendors, the Greater La Porte Chamber of Commerce, The La Porte Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB), the Greater La Porte Economic Development Corporation (GLEDC), The Urban Enterprise Zone (UEA) and the City of La Porte. They report to the Executive Director of the Greater La Porte Economic Development Corporation (GLEDC) and will be housed in the GLEDC Offices.
A review Board of Directors consisting of the President of the Chamber, the Director of the CVB, the Director of GLEDC, the President of the UEA and the City Planner of the City of La Porte, or other designee as identified by the Mayor of the City of La Porte shall meet annually to review performance and make changes as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties maybe assigned.
- The Downtown Coordinator will be responsible for providing economic development services to the geography known as Downtown La Porte and the surrounding areas. These services include, but are not limited to: project coordination, real estate services, incentive application and administration and general project management. The Executive Director of GLEDC will manage accordingly.
- The Downtown Coordinator will coordinate the Sunflower Fair in conjunction with the Chamber President and other Sunflower Fair organizers.
- The Downtown Coordinator will assist with Downtown Events as directed by the Chamber President.
- The Downtown Coordinator will serve as the face of the Urban Enterprise Association Downtown. He/She will market and represent the programs and incentives of the UEA and be knowledgeable in all UEA initiatives. Attendance at all UEA Board Meetings will be necessary. The Downtown Coordinator will also serve as the City’s liaison to the UEA Board and will be expected to keep the City Planner up-to-date on UEA initiatives.
- The Downtown Coordinator will serve as the direct connection to the Convention and Visitors Bureau in the City of La Porte. He/She will be knowledgeable on CVB initiatives, have relationships with CVB Staff and will represent the CVB interests in La Porte. Attendance at all CVB Board Meetings will be necessary.
- The Downtown Coordinator will serve as support staff to the Mainstreet Association to ensure a productive and efficient Mainstreet Association. They will also be expected to pursue grant opportunities in partnership with the Mainstreet Association and the City of La Porte.
- The Downtown Coordinator will be responsible for arranging and managing programming for Plaza 618 in Downtown La Porte.
- The Downtown Coordinator will cooperate with City Staff on Downtown grant opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTER TRAITS
The Downtown Coordinator will have the experience, general knowledge and responsible character traits as a representative of the Greater La Porte Economic Development Corporation and the Greater La Porte Chamber of Commerce, CVB and the City of La Porte. As such, the candidate must exhibit professionalism in the execution of the duties and responsibilities. The candidate is expected to have the following skills: leadership, oral and written communication skills, financial, customer service, organization skills, and marketing. The Prospect is expected to present oneself in a professional manner daily. Business attire is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERENCE
This position requires that the individual have excellent computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Proficiency of internal database management is required within 30 days of hire. Certificate from a college or technical school plus 1-2 years related experience: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
$35,000-45,000 per year dependent on experience as well as a full benefits package.
803 Washington St.
La Porte, Indiana 46350
Greater La Porte Chamber of Commerce's Website
Visit Greater La Porte Chamber of Commerce's Partner Profile