Ideas in Motion Media looks to form positive, online communities centered around the idea that, given the option, users prefer to read about the good things happening in their community instead of the often-negative slant given to traditional media. Starting in Northwest Indiana, we’ve launched ValpoLife.com, PortageLife.com, LaPorteCountyLife.com, and NWIndianaLife.com bringing exclusively positive news to our readers and something new and refreshing to the community!
Our company is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to offer support across departments and assist in streamlining published content and communications. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is a self-starter with a positive attitude who can keep the team organized while working in a fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Answering phones and assuming responsibility for necessary actions and customer service needs
- Maintaining Google Docs to ensure accuracy of account information
- Checking office inventory and ordering necessary supplies
- Implementing and monitoring programs for content marketing to ensure the greatest visibility and engagement for content
- Compiling reports by collecting necessary data and articles to send for review
- Assisting with event planning including but not limited to: sending invites (mail and email), setting up, making necessary arrangements, and sending prompt thank you/follow up notes, etc.
- Confirming all coverage events
- Prepping Media Kits and mailers in coordination with the Business Development Team
- Providing support to the Business Development Team and CEO including but not limited to: scheduling meetings, taking notes during meetings, drafting emails, etc.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Outlook
- Social media management skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated business etiquette
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- 1 year of Administrative, Marketing, and/or Social Media Management a bonus but not required
This is an entry-level, salaried position for someone who is positive, direct, honest, and who understands and embraces our mission and culture. Most hours will be 8am – 5pm; however, you will be required to attend meetings or events beyond those hours. This position will require time both in and out of the office, during and/or after business hours as well as some travel during office hours.